Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

Young Love Murder - April Brookshire Review

Young Love Murder - April Brookshire

I went into this book wanting to try something new but was uncertain because the main character was an assassin who kills people. I lightened up on the idea a little while after thinking does she kill people? Yes. But are these people innocent? No.
Annabelle and Gabriel’s relationship was a rocky one and considering this was such a long book, the fighting, the making up, the more fighting was a hell of a roller coaster. There wasn’t really a start, middle and ending in this book because so many things happened there was too much to put into categories.

Annabelle attends the same school as sexy player Gabriel Sanchez while on her latest mission, this mission is to kill Xavier Sanchez, yep you got it Gabriel’s father. She gets close to him in order to get closer to his dad, but things take a turn for the worst. Annabelle starts growing strong feelings for Gabriel something she was taught to fight all her life. Gabriel once player now only has eyes for one girl. Annabelle. Like every other mission Annabelle has been given she completes the job. Gabriel also see’s her finish this mission and is left with a runaway love and the assumption that the only girl he’s ever had true feelings for has killed an innocent man, he’s father.
To sum this story up...
Gabriel runs off to Paris to find Anna with the idea that he is going to kill her, then decides he can’t do it, they fight, they make up, everything is super peachy, Gabriel has a breakdown, Gabriel shoots Anna, spends a few years in despair thinking he killed her, Gabriel finds Anna (guess she wasn’t dead after all), he chases her around, Anna shoots Gabriel to get even, Anna forgives Gabriel, happily ever after... Sort of..

So all in all I actually really did enjoy the book, I laughed at the idea of this actually happening in real life a few times, but got over it.
There were moments of truth, lies and deceit. But there were also moments of love, happiness and finding the one person who makes all of that possible. The love in this book was an unhealthy one, but if I was ever unlucky enough to find it I would fight for it just like Annabelle and Gabriel.
If you have the attention span to follow this great madness of a book to the end and love unhealthy romances then I suggest reading it!


★Favourite quote from the book:★

Annabelle's point of view:
“I want you back, Annabelle.” This time my laughter is full of nothing but genuine humor. It’s that ‘oh my god, I can’t believe that’ kind of humor. I lean forward and put my face in my palms, still laughing. “Holy crap,” I say in-between laughs, “that’s hilarious.” I peek up at him to see his disgruntled expression and then bust up laughing again.  “I’m serious,” he grunts out, looking cute in his exasperation, damn him. Not done, I hold up a hand. “Oh, oh, wait. Just let me go get my gun so you can shoot me again. Of course I want to get back together with you, Gabriel.” Putting on a serious face, I say earnestly, “He shoots me because he loves me.”

'First Loves a Killer... So is she'

No comments:

Post a Comment