Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

Shiver (The Wolves Of Mercy Falls) - Maggie Stiefvater Series Review



 Shiver (Wolves Of Mercy Falls) - Maggie StiefvaterThis was one of the first paranormal series I have ever read and it all started when mum got me shiver for christmas. I guess I have her to blame for my obsession for books since then..
I loved this series so much, it was different in ways of the story and Grace and Sams relationship was beautiful and unique and made my heart melt on more than one occasion.
They were both so different from each other yet both so much the same.
Sam grew up surrounded by people who cared about him although Beck who raised him was not blood related they were family and thats all that mattered. Grace grew up very independent, her parents had always given her more space than she needed, so much space that they never really knew what was going on in their daughters life.
Grace and Sam came from completely different worlds and made their own..
To sum up Sam in a few words he is a dark haired, yellow eyed, gorgeous, good with words guy who never knew what he wanted because he knew he couldn’t have it. When you grow up working your life around being a wolf with no remembrance of who you are in the winter and a normal human being with a memory of who you are in the summer, life can be a little tricky. But then theres Grace who brings out his best side and he who brings out hers.
You meet Cole in the second book and I love the person he becomes throughout the story and how he changes, I also loved Isobel and the part she plays in the books. Her and Coles ‘relationship’ I guess you could call it, was funny, complicated and heart warming all at the same time.
Throughout the series so much changes from book one until the last. Good, bad and everything in between. Definitely a series worth reading.

 
★Favourite quote’s from the series★;
 
 Shiver: Grace says to Sam: “Your beautiful and sad.
                                               Just like your eyes.
                                               Your like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot
                                               I knew until I heard it again”
Linger: Isobel’s thoughts: “He and I, in this moment, were a car crash,
                                           And instead of putting on the breaks, I was hitting the         accelerator”

No comments:

Post a Comment