Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout

This book was not what I expected but in a good unexepcted kind of way.
I will admit at first I wasn’t so sure, and was getting a little bored at the start but as I got more into it I absolutely could not put it down.
After reading this book I will never think of aliens the same. When most of us hear the word alien we think slimy, green, long fingered ET’s, right? Well this book changed my whole perspective on them and taught me to be more open minded.

When Katy and her mum move towns after the loss of her dad they try to find a new start in a small town. The new neighbours next door are mysterious and after getting off to a rocky start with the hot brother Damen, Katy becomes friends with the twin Dee. Theres something off about the sibblings next door and as the story progesses you find out why.
I loved jeniffers take on aliens and the fact they weren’t weird creatures but people of light, it was new and different and I liked it.
The whole dynamics of the story from what it was about and how it was written, was done extremely well. The plot was really interesting and it was a great change from your normal angel/faerie/vampire kind of books, it did not dissapoint in the unique factor.

I loved Katy and Damens love/hate relationship, Damen was a jerk a lot of the time and had me wanting to choke him more than once. There were times he would show other sides of himself (nicer sides) but then it was like he remembered he had to be a jerk and I would be left going “noo you were getting along stop being a grade A douchebag”!
He was very protective of his sister and you could tell how much he cared about her. Family is definetly important to him and Dee.
Katy was a strong headed independent person who could hold her own and had me cheering throughout the story, she was different and I loved that she liked to read and blog. It was a good change to have a character in the book who wasn’t so obsessed with a guy that everything else became unimportant.
The other characters in the book were great and I didn’t not like any of them imperticular.

The story was definetly fascinating and had me turning the pages wondering what was next. I can’t exactly explain what it was that drew me in but it did and was one of the best books I have read in a while. The book had me forgetting where I was and laughing out loud, and in return getting weird looks from people around me.
A 5 star read for me, will definetly be reading the next book Onyx.



No comments:

Post a Comment