Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

How To Ruin - Simone Elkeles Series Review



 How To Ruin - Simone Elkeles Series Review

Where do I even start? This book was not what I expected. I seriously need to tone down with the expectations I think, considering they are usually (always) wrong.
This was yet another fantastic series well done for Simone Elkeles!
I can’t even describe how I felt through all this, I felt emotions that shouldn’t be felt together like wanting to cry and laugh at the same time?
There wasn’t any one of these books that wasn’t just as great as the one before it.

Amy and Avis relationship was a bumpy one starting from disliking one another to a no strings attached summer to an actual relationship! Who would have guessed right.
I think what I loved about this series the most was that it had the ability to be 100% serious but managed to make you laugh hysterically at the same time.
It all starts off when Amy’s sperm donor (as she likes to refer to him as) father, that is never in her life decides to come along and tell her she’s coming to meet his side of the family in Iraq for the summer, as you can imagine she’s thrilled, can’t wait to be spending her summer in a war zone, but highly to her dismay she doesn’t have a choice on the matter so off she goes to what she thinks will be the worst summer of her life, but turns out to be the best.
Avi the extremely attractive hot guy Amy meets while on her holiday is a jerk at first, well we learn later on that that was all just an act. Isn’t it always?
There are a million twists and turns during the series and I am not afraid to admit that I read it all in a matter of a few days. I literally could not put it down. The only exceptions I made were toilet breaks and the extreme minimal sleep that was needed to recharge my brain.

The story was amazing and might I add I even missed watching the new episode of GossipGirl, for this series.. That is saying something!

 ★Favourite Quote From the Book:★

" Running should be saved for the times you are being chased"
                                    - Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment