Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire Review

Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire

Going into this book I was unsure, a lot of people recommended it to me and it had high ratings so I thought why not? Turns out I am another massive overly obsessed fan of this book! This was a story so full of passion and depth that I could not put it down until I finished it. I absolutely devoured it!

Abby and her bestfriend America have just started at college and at the start of the book they end up at a fighting rink where people fight each other (illegally of course) for money. The next day Abby meets the guy from the night before he’s sexy, has tattoos and is very sure of himself. Can you imagine his confusion when Abby shows no interest in him. Eventually they become friends and it’s obvious they like each other more than that, but what can Abby do she can’t be with a guy who sluts it up every night, that would just be degrading. As the story goes on Abby and Travis’ relationship becomes something more and they they go from extreme highs to extreme lows, their relationship is a bit of a yo-yo really.. Travis is actually really sweet and changes the person he is for better when things get serious with Abby, that’s not to say he still doesn’t make stupid mistakes though. The love they shared was extremely unhealthy and like Abby’s roomate Kara says “it’s dangerous” which it was, but who’s to say no to love?
The only thing that annoyed me about this book was the name he called Abby ‘pidgeon’?
I thought that was weird but I got over it.
I loved Abby’s friend America and her boyfriend Shep, also the roomate/friend of Travis. Their relationship was realistic and was adorable all the same. Shep was a great guy and a good friend to Travis, he was also good to America.

The ending was a little bit of a shocker for me but I wasn’t one to knock it. I was smiling and tearing up like a goofball by the end of the book. It’s definetely one to play with your heartstrings.

Favourite quotes of the book:

‘Travis: “I knew the second I met you that there was something special about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something I needed about you at all. It was just you.”’

‘Abby: “I’m done, Travis.”
He winced “don’t say that”
“It’s over. Go home”
His eyebrows pulled in. “You’re my home”’

‘“I’m going to kill David Lapinski!”
America announced, shaking snow out of her hair as she approached.
“Direct hit?” Shepley laughed. America shot him a warning glare and his laugh
Turned into a nervous chuckle “I mean... What an asshole.”’\

No comments:

Post a Comment