Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout

After reading Onyx I feel the same way I did about Obsidian, left feeling extremely satisfied and begging for more and then there’s the depression that comes next knowing I’m going to have to wait a few more months for the next book.

This book was even better than the first and that’s saying something. The story was such a roller coaster and there were a lot of times where something totally unexpected would happen and surprise me, leaving me to question what was going to happen next..
A lot more happened in the second book, and I feel like most second books the story is really starting to go somewhere fascinating. I love how there wasn’t just a Daemons side of the story to tell while Katy sat back and took it all in, she has her own part now wanting you to find out more and more until there was no more pages left. Her and Daemon being connected changed things not just for Daemon but for Katy too.

The characters go into more depth in the second book, you find out a lot more about Dawson and Bethany and not just about their past but their present. A few things happened that left me going dumb struck.
You also meet a few new characters, ones you think you may trust and then turn out to be the opposite of trustworthy. Like the first book the new characters were unique, interesting and not in any way boring.

Daemon try's to prove that he likes Katy and it’s not just because of their newfound connection, throughout the book they try to figure out what caused it and you learn about what it means as the story progresses. But don’t worry even though Daemon is trying to play nice guy he definitely does not lack in the smart ass and cocky parts of his charming personality. Nearing the end of the book Daemon showed more caring qualities of himself and you could see he genuinely cared about Katy. I felt all sorts of emotions while reading this book depending on what part I was up to. There were times I couldn’t help laughing and there were times I couldn’t help but tear up a bit.
By the end of the book I think Katy and Daemon learn to trust each other and it’s useless to pretend they don’t have feelings for one another anymore, the cards are all out on the table and I’m super excited for book three!

No comments:

Post a Comment