Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

Ember (Death Collectors) - Jessica Sorensen Review

Ember (The Death Collectors #1) - Jessica Sorenson

Jessica Sorensen did not dissapoint with her new series - The Death Collectors -
When I first started this book I wasn’t sure of what to expect but I did have my expectations pretty high considering Jessica Sorensen is one of my favourite authors. The book did not lack in the imagination department, it was a great page turner.

All the characters were great and went into enough detail to ensure that you knew them well enough to understand their relationship with Ember.
I loved Raven the bestfriend, but you never knew when to trust her and by the end of the book she had you wondering whether her mind was her own.
Asher was totally swoonworthy for me, with his dark looks and mysterious past, which we still don’t know much about. Then there was Cameron the attractive and also very mysterious new neighbour, something always seemed off about him for me but you don’t find out what or if anything until the end.

The plot of the story was really great and I really enjoyed trying to figure out what everything meant. I got a little confused sometimes while trying to figure out what was going on but as I got further into the book things started to click a little more, and I think the second book will help my brain fuzziness too. Considering the first book was so great I’m so anxious to read the second and knowing Jessica Sorensen, they just keep getting better as the series goes on.

Rating: 4 1/2 Stars
✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Favourite quote of the book: Ember: “Sometimes I think maybe life is just one big test, to see how long we can survive”

No comments:

Post a Comment