Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

Something Like Normal - Trish Doller Review

Something Like Normal - Trish Doller

I think I spent more time staring at this book then I did reading it. I spent so much time wondering if I should read it or not that I could have finished it by the time I made my decision.

This book took me on such an emotional journey, I felt everything the main character Travis did. When he hurt I felt it and when he woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare I was experiencing the hurt and loss right along with him.
The friendships Travis made and especially the one he formed with Charlie was so touching and made me realize how important it is to have true friends, Travis would have died for him. Isn’t that what friendship is? Having a friend that would die for you but never letting them because they mean as much to you as you do to them?

I didn’t realize how much the book was going to move me. I thought it was going to be another boy meets girl after not seeing each other in years, girl realizes she missed boy, boy realizes he misses girl, they both fall in love.. The end.. But no, it wasn’t like that at all. The book was more based on what Travis went through while being in the army and how he learnt to get through it all afterwards. Harper played a huge part in that and although she didn’t go through what Travis did, she was there for him the only way she could be.

After signing up and doing his years, Travis comes home to a family with problems, a brother who has stolen his girlfriend and a love that was found somewhere unexpected. Throughout this book Travis picks up the pieces of a mess he left behind and leaves the ones that are right where they need to be.

This book truly moved me and had me crying, laughing and smiling. It was one of those books that has definitely left an impression and will leave me remembering long after the last page has been turned..

★Favourite Quotes from this Book:★

Travis: “He was the person that all of us should be, but most of us aren’t. And if I could have taken his place to buy him a little more time in the world, I’d have done it. I’m sorry I couldn’t.”

“I don’t know if my life will ever be completely normal again, but something like normal is a good start”


No comments:

Post a Comment