Welcome..

Before you can truly love someone else, you must love yourself.
You can never fully give someone your love if you haven't found it in yourself..
- if you can't write a book, review em xoxo

Sunday 9 September 2012

A Midsummers Nightmare - Kody Keplinger Review

A Midsummer’s Nightmare - Kody Keplinger

This was such a fun book to read but it also held a lot of meaning to it aswell.
After finally graduating highschool Whitley spends the summer at her dads new home with his new family. This was not what she signed up for and to make matters worse the guy she had a one night stand with on graduation night is going to be her new step brother yippee. Whitley turns to the only things she knows to escape, drinking and partying.
The book was hilarious a lot of the time and I can’t imagine being put into that situation. Nathan was actually a really nice guy, I felt sorry for him, with all the bitchiness Whitley was sending off. I can’t imagine sleeping with a guy who woke up the next morning, asked for your number and you said no thinking your never going to see him again and then, there he is with the famiy that will soon be half yours.

As the summer goes on things go from worse, to worse. The way Whitley felt about her dads new family was understandable but it was hard not to like her dads new soon to be wife, she was so nice and caring towards Whitley.
Nathan and Whitely start to hang out and get along but things get tricky when they realise they both are about to be step siblings. The book ended nicely and everything played out really well, I enjoyed reading this book. It was a good summer read, not too long but not too short either.

Kody Keplinger another book well done.

Favourite quotes from the book:

‘“Are you guys getting to know eac hother pretty well? I’m sure it’s a little awkward at first.”
“Yeah” I said “I’d say we’re getting to know each other *really* well. Wouldn’t you, Nathan?”
He kicked me under the table and mouthed, *not funny*’

‘“I want more. I want everything. I want you.”
“Nathan...”
“I’m not settling for less, Whitley,” he said “and neither should you”’

No comments:

Post a Comment